Under subclass 491, the primary applicant visa must declare that they and any members of their family unit have a genuine intention to live, work and study in a designated regional area.
- At the time of invitation to apply for the visa, the applicant’s nominated skilled occupation must have been assessed
- Had competent English.
- The point test must be at least equal to the score stated in the invitation to apply for visa and must meet the pass mark applicable to the Subclass 491 visa
- The nomination - the applicant is nominated by a State or Territory government agency or
- the sponsorship – the applicant declared in their application that they are sponsored by an eligible family member
- Must satisfy “one fails, all fail” criteria - applicant and all family members.
Note: The applicant needs to be assessed against criteria subclass 491, the applicant can purchase the business after acquiring the visa.
Northern Territory - Subclass 491 Small Business Owner NOT offered
Victoria - Subclass 491 Small Business Owner NOT offered
Business Opportunities - after you have the visa.
South Australia - Small Business Owner under Subclass 491 is NOT offered - Only normal business visa eg. Subclass 188
New South Wales - Small Business Owner Subclass 491 is NOT offered - Only normal business visa eg. Subclass 188